Middlesboro's Blaine Green Dunks Twice Against Whitley Co.!!!

Very impressive. Blaine has a solid chance of being a very good player down the road. It's good to see things like this reported out in the state. Dunking is a norm in Lexington and Louisville games so their occurences are not relished as they would be out in the state.

He is a heck of an athlete and played well in the first half helping his team to a 25-6 lead after the first quarter, but Jake Lowrie of Whitley shut him down in the second half, he did score in the second but not on Lowrie. Maybe more impressive was that Whitley faught back made a game of it, getting it to three points with less than 10 left in the game. Middlesboro made free throws down the stretch and sealed the game but Whiltey for the second, third and most of the fourth quarter outplayed Middlesboro. Middlesboro settled for bad shots and Whitley amde shots, Jordan McCumbers really stepped up for the Colonels and they started playing well, although turnovers killed their chances to win. It was a fun game to watch and both teams played hard and clean. Antwan Brown was the difference in the game and he too is a heck of a player, and although the dunks were impressive I thought Brown #3 was the best player on the floor late for Middlesboro when they needed plays to be made he made them and made his free throws.

Good Luck to Middlesboro the rest of the way, they have a good team.

Whitley looked like a different team in the second half. #3 for Whitley hit some shots to get them back in the game. I think Middlesboro just got to comfortable again. The same thing happened at Barbouville just last week except that the tigers came back and won. Harrison also got in foul trouble in 3rd and ended up fouling out early in the 4th which hurt the jackets some.

I was glad to see Glenn Gray back on the court as an official, I thought he did a great job as did the whole crew. The officials made several close calls for both sides and I did not see either team complaining more than what coaches do in an average game.