Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official question

Featured Replies

Saw an official give a coach a second technical foul for the game. He sat on the bench protesting the ejection. How long does he have to exit the confines of the gym?

Saw an official give a coach a second technical foul for the game. He sat on the bench protesting the ejection. How long does he have to exit the confines of the gym?

 

While I don't think there is a specific time in the rulebook, he can sit there right up to and past the point that the ref calls a forfeit.

 

How long did the this guy sit there?

I'm sure Coach Hatcher could tell you from Perry Central, this happened to him with 3:28 left in the game at Bryan Station over Christmas break. Didn't leave, ref signed the book, game over. Crazy stuff. There was security in the building though, all they had to do was ask the nice police officer to escort them out the easy way or the hard way, if no security, sign the book and get the heck out of their.

When I was in the stripes, if the coach refuesed to leave, I had the timer tell me when one minute had elapsed, then it was game over. Never had to do it, but we did get into the seconds left a couple times!

 

:ylsuper:

I'm sure Coach Hatcher could tell you from Perry Central, this happened to him with 3:28 left in the game at Bryan Station over Christmas break. Didn't leave, ref signed the book, game over. Crazy stuff. There was security in the building though, all they had to do was ask the nice police officer to escort them out the easy way or the hard way, if no security, sign the book and get the heck out of their.

 

As an official, I would never get the police involved to remove a coach and only in the most extreme situation ever use the police to escort a fan. Now game management may use the police to escort a fan out if he/she refuses to leave but I would leave that decision up to game management. If I have an fan who I feel needs to be removed from the gym then I inform game management(usually the AD) that I need the fan removed and then they are responsible for removing the fan. But as for coaches, if he/she refused to leave the court then I would forfeit the game.

The fans and players deserve to play the game. If a coach refuses to leave and there is someone there to help him leave, that is what should be done in my opinion. I paid my $5 bucks to get into some games that were called with a lot of time left in them because a coach wouldn't leave and the officials didn't get any help from much security at the game and I don't think it's fair to everyone in the gym to let a coach cause this much of a problem for everyone, when you could simply have him/her removed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.