West Carter 72 Greenup County 47

Decent game from West, they have been a much different team after the East loss, which once again you have to give credit to Jeremy Webb for. Matt Logan has improved leaps and bounds in the last month, he is now a pretty good leader, and he has shot the lights out from 3 lately, if the Comets are too make any noise during tournament time he will have to continue his improvement. Senior Center Chris Barker had 15 points, 14 boards,4 or 5 blocks in minutes that were limited by fouls. West got pretty good production all around, as Senior Kyle Meranda got into the scoring column for West. He has been a little used player this season, as his both of his shoulders will require surgery after the season, i believe both having to do with the rotator cuff. I hope Greenup didn't think West was rubbing anything in when he scored with a few seconds remaining, the boys were just excited for him, he is a team leader and is always super supportive of the boys on the court, and he hasn't even dressed in a lot of the games this year.

As for Greenup, their boys play very hard, and battled back in the third to make this a game for a little bit. The last week must have been terrible for these boys but hopefully brighter days will be ahead for them.

Coach Webb does an excellent job at West! He is all class as well! I can't see Coach Webb trying to ever embarass another team. Yes you have to feel for the players at Greenup Co. they have been through alot these past 2 seasons. IMO this program won't be good again until it gets some stability with a head coach that has some varsity experience and a knowlegde of the school system.