Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School Swimming

Featured Replies

How big is this in Northern Kentucky? The reason I asked is that I saw in the paper a few week's ago that 3 high schooler's sign letter's of intent to swim

for some major colleges. These 3 were from different high school's however, all 3 swam on the Clipper's Team out of Silverlake Rec Center. Another reason is that I go to Silverlake every morning M-T at 5:00 a.m. and at 5:20 a.m. they are in the pool practicing. I am impressed with their dedication and was just wondering how big it is in N. Ky. JD

How big is this in Northern Kentucky? The reason I asked is that I saw in the paper a few week's ago that 3 high schooler's sign letter's of intent to swim

for some major colleges. These 3 were from different high school's however, all 3 swam on the Clipper's Team out of Silverlake Rec Center. Another reason is that I go to Silverlake every morning M-T at 5:00 a.m. and at 5:20 a.m. they are in the pool practicing. I am impressed with their dedication and was just wondering how big it is in N. Ky. JD

 

Very big. I was at the Scott Classic today and unless I miss counted there were 10 teams at the meet. The coaches from the Clipper's did attend the meet. I believe all 3 swimmers that signed Letter's of Intent participated. It's a long day, but very exciting to watch. You'll see swimmers of all skill levels doing their best. The Regionals are held in February. Congratulations to all the swimmers.

  • Author

Bird Hustle, thanks for your input on this subject. I know at Silverlake this weekend there is a big swim meet and all the particpants from the Clipper's have been practicing at 5:15 a.m. each morning. I have been impressed with these young athletes practice habits and committments. I wish them luck this weekend and plan on watching on Sunday morning. JD

Is there a link to the results of KY HS swim meets? I tried the KHSAA website, but it only has regional/state meet results for the past several years (unless I didn't dig deep enough).

You can find results for most High School Meets at the following links

 

Central Kentucky

 

Woodford County Swimming http://wchs.woodfordschools.org/swim/index.htm

 

Tates Creek Swimming http://www.creekfish.org/

 

Louisville

 

St. Xavier Swimming http://www.tigersonline.org/swim/

 

This site includes an archive with results for the last 10 years.

 

Ohio Swimming - http://www.Swimmeet.com

Bird Hustle, thanks for your input on this subject. I know at Silverlake this weekend there is a big swim meet and all the particpants from the Clipper's have been practicing at 5:15 a.m. each morning. I have been impressed with these young athletes practice habits and committments. I wish them luck this weekend and plan on watching on Sunday morning. JD

 

It's great to see kids today have discipline to get up and in the water that early in the mornings. Swimming is a life long sport with many healthy benefits.

  • Author

I went over on Sunday for a short while and watched a little of the Clippers whom I see practice all the time. They won the swim meet over the weekend and again they were at it at 5:15 a. m. this morning. I am very impressed with their dedication and hope they all do well in the up comming regional and state meet's. JD

We talk about results on the radio show each week. As long as we get them.

Good luck to the St.X Tigersharks as they go for 20 state titles in a row! That has to be some kind of national record.

Great article today in the Courier-Journal on St. X All American Ethan Arave. Awesome photo!!!

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080118/SPORTS05/801180540/1002/SPORTS

 

This might end up being one of the strongest teams St. X has ever put together. No superstars just a lot of speed and depth.

 

As far State goes, X swam Trinity, the number 2 team in Kentucky, on Wednesday and won 106 to 48, with most of the X swimmers not swimming their best events. The meet was highlighted by the 200 Freestyle Relay made up of David Johnson, Hyatt Gaston, Andrew Taylor, and Michael Embry, who set a new pool record and achieved an All American time of 1:27.67. David Johnson’s leadoff swim on the Relay was also an All American swim in 21.47.

Great article today in the Courier-Journal on St. X All American Ethan Arave. Awesome photo!!!

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080118/SPORTS05/801180540/1002/SPORTS

 

This might end up being one of the strongest teams St. X has ever put together. No superstars just a lot of speed and depth.

 

As far State goes, X swam Trinity, the number 2 team in Kentucky, on Wednesday and won 106 to 48, with most of the X swimmers not swimming their best events. The meet was highlighted by the 200 Freestyle Relay made up of David Johnson, Hyatt Gaston, Andrew Taylor, and Michael Embry, who set a new pool record and achieved an All American time of 1:27.67. David Johnson’s leadoff swim on the Relay was also an All American swim in 21.47.

 

A true dynasty in a KHSAA sport if there ever was one!

Good luck to the St.X Tigersharks as they go for 20 state titles in a row! That has to be some kind of national record.

 

The St. X swim team's 20th consecutive state title unfortunately is not a national record. That record is 29 consecutive by a team from HI. St. X does have the 3rd longest consecutive streak and the positive news is that the two teams ahead of them have had their streak snapped, so it's in St. X's hands. St. X has set the national record for total number of state titles in swimming though with 44. St. X has that record by at least two titles on the next closest team. The 44 total titles is also good enough for the second most titles in ANY sport in the country, to Little Rock HS 51+ titles in track. Congrats to the O'Tooles for another title.

  • Author

You have to give credit to Beechwood's Boy's whom placed 2nd in the 200 team medley and fourt overall being a Class A school. Congrats to Beechwood on a great showing. JD

You have to give credit to Beechwood's Boy's whom placed 2nd in the 200 team medley. Congrats to Beechwood on a great showing. JD

 

A good number of people took notice of Beechwood last year when their Medley Relay tied for 2nd. Very impressive showing this year, they defeated some very good teams in that event. Looking forward to seeing what they are able to do over the next two years.

 

As for St. X’s Medley Relay, they would beat most college teams with that time. That should be fast enough to win a National Championship in that event. Only one team was faster than that last year. Great Meet overall, the young man from Paul Dunbar, Bruck, was very impressive, and he is only a junior. He could very well be one of the top swimmers in the country next year.

 

I don't see X slowing down any time soon, they had a number of quality underclassmen in their lineup. This year they wanted to make sure the distance between them and Trinity, the number two team in 2007, doubled. 131 points separated the teams in 2007, 272 points in 2008. Trinity was very vocal about taking over the swimming world after their success last season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.