St. Patrick and Fleming Co. Split ORVC Tournament Championship Games

St. Patrick and Fleming Co. Split ORVC Tournament Championship Games

St. Patrick wins the 7th Grade Championship Game 32 –25 over Fleming Co.

In the 8th Grade Championship Game results were flipped with Fleming Co. winning 39-28 over St. Patrick

Fleming Co was also the Conference season Champs for both 7th and 8th Grade and St. Patrick placing second.

Here is a few Players the stood out to me in this Tournament and will soon be making an impact at the High School level over the next few years

Chelsea Douglas, Kaitlyn Yeary, and Wallace Stanfeild of St. Pat.

Mandy Boyd, Robby Allex, and Alex James of Fleming Co.

Brandy Evans, and Shelby Wade of Nicolas Co.

Kelsey Carmack, and Jessica Mitchell of Deming

Alley McGee, Morgan Ravensceraft, and the Conn Girls of Lakeside Christian

Sara Sticken, and Emma Conley of Bracken Co.

Best of luck to all of these girls, They made this Tournament very enjoyable to watch.

The tournament was held at Augusta, whose staff and volunteers are to be complimented for being so well-organized and hospitable.

The ORVC consists of Augusta, Bracken, Deming, Fleming, Lakeside Christian(Rowan), Nicholas and St. Patrick.

That sounds like the way the district should stay,, With those same teams

I didn't think Mason County was in a conference. I was talking to one of the 8th grade girls over the weekend and I asked her what conference they were in and she said they weren't in one.

I read in the Ledger Independent last Wednesday an article about the 7th grade girls and it said that they had a "13-2 overall record and undefeated 8-0 in league play". I thought by league play they meant conference but the player I spoke with said she didn't even know what they meant by "league play".