Regional Rankings KVCA for 10/05/07

Why doesn't anyone give Walton-Verona any props. They've only finished with a 20-2 record, a 15 game winning streak, 5th NCKC Conference Tournament Championship.

No respect.

I would suspect it is because they don't play any of the good programs in NKY so no one gets to see them play, or gauge their strength.

Why doesn't anyone give Walton-Verona any props. They've only finished with a 20-2 record, a 15 game winning streak, 5th NCKC Conference Tournament Championship.

No respect.

Because they played two decent NKY teams (Bishop Brossart and Simon Kenton) and lost both matches in two games. After beating WV both those schools lost their next match easily. BB lost to Highlands and SK lost to Ryle.

I think WV is a good quality team, however after playing South Oldham and Oldham, I have to say that they are good but not up to the level of those programs.

WV is having a great year and has several Seniors that have played together and are doing well. They won the NCKC conference and did well this year. I also think they are very well Coached.!

Walton Verona has beaten both Carroll Co. and Scott Co. so I would agree that they should probably make the 8th region top 5. Does their coach belong to the KVCA and register a vote?

I'm not sure that the 20-2 record is all that relavent. Why don't they play any of the three Oldham schools? As stated, it looks as if they have an argument for being ahead of Carroll or Scott, but Walton's schedule is pretty soft. Why don't they play in any tournaments other than the NCKC?