Greenup County 33 vs. Raceland 6 (Freshmen)

Raceland shot themselves in the foot with 4 or 5 turnovers. Tyler had 2 ints. I think one fumble on the snap and another running back put one on the ground as well also fumble on a kickoff turnovers gave Greenup 21 pts of the 33 they had. Few bright spots was L. Huffman#22 ran the ball well and played defense well I think he had an INT as well and #25 D.Jones had a good game as well for a first year player he has made great strides in the game on both sides of the ball.There was a few others had a moment or two in the game as well but things are not that bad there is some talent in this group of kids.

Raceland shot themselves in the foot with 4 or 5 turnovers. Tyler had 2 ints. I think one fumble on the snap and another running back put one on the ground as well also fumble on a kickoff turnovers gave Greenup 21 pts of the 33 they had. Few bright spots was L. Huffman#22 ran the ball well and played defense well I think he had an INT as well and #25 D.Jones had a good game as well for a first year player he has made great strides in the game on both sides of the ball.There was a few others had a moment or to in the game as well but things are not that bad there is some talent in this group of kids.
Do you think the defense for Greenup had an impact on the turnovers?

The final score was 30 - 6, not 33 - 6, as the topic indicates. I was not at the game, but sources tell me that Greenup County's freshmen were completely flat in the first quarter as Raceland smoked to a 6 - 0 lead.

I heard that the turnovers were costly -- especially the interception deep in Greenup territory in the 2nd half.

Greenup's Power I offense was the difference in the game. My understanding during the JV game was that Raceland blitzed and sacked Greenup's QB all game long while in the spread. But, the freshmen game had a different story with the Power I taking away Raceland's ability to put pressure on the QB.

Good win for the Greenup Co Freshmen, sounds like they played a very good game, and have some good players coming up. I hope Raceland's Freshmen learned how important it is to not turn the ball over.