Dixie 41 Conner 13

Birdsfan

Congratulations to Dixie for a fine win. They got on track in the second half. Very good adjustments at halftime.

The game was close in the first half 13-6 Dixie.

Two field goals by soph Aaron Stevens for Conner and two touchdowns for Dixie and a muffed XP.

In the first half Dixies QB and receivers werent in synch and there were a lot of combinations of bad tosses and drops.

Conners O continues to stall in the red zone. Bright spot Austin Pugh continues to have a decent running game. Some tough yardage runs by Brann and some nice runs also by Englemon. Champ and Boden with a few nice catches.

The Conner soph QB West got very frustrated last night in the second half with poor execution, untimely penalties, along with the lack of blocking and protection in the second half. He needs to keep his head up and keep working.

The Defense played decent but again was on the field way too much in the second half due to the Os miscues and mistakes.

Dixie has a fine team. Their O line gave the QB all the time he needed last night to pass and after he got on track in the second half both he and the receivers picked Conner apart.

Their D coverage had holes but Conner couldnt take advantage. What frustrated me was the lack of down the field attempts by Conner when the opportunity was there and there were several after they got down by two scores.

I believe Conner could have kept the score much closer if they continued to pound the run with Pugh and Brann but I doubt those two and the line could have kept it up the whole game.

Again take nothing away from Dixie as the score indicated they are a good football team they played a great game.

The long season continues for Conner. Keep your heads up Cougars!