W.Ky Big School Rankings - Wk 5 results

just 4 fun

There were 10 voters in this weeks poll. Thanks to all who participated. Here's this weeks results:

1) Bowling Green - (5-0) (10) 100 pts ..... Previous week .... (1)

2) Owensboro - (5-0) 90 pts ..... Previous week ..... (2)

3) Warren East - (5-0) 79 pts ..... Previous week ..... (3)

4) Graves Co - (4-1) 62 pts ..... Previous week ..... (5)

5) Marshall Co - (3-2) 52 pts ..... Previous week ..... (10)

6) Madisonville - (4-1) 49 pts ..... Previous week ..... (7)

7) Lone Oak - (5-0) 43 pts ..... Previous week ..... (8)

8) Christian Co - (2-3) 26 pts ..... Previous week ..... (4)

9) Hopkinsville - (2-3) 15 pts ..... Previous week ..... Unranked

10) Daviess Co - (3-2) 10 pts ..... Previous week ..... Unranked

Others receiving votes: Calloway Co (2-3) 7 pts, W.Central (1-4) 6 pts, Apollo (3-2) 5 pts, Hopkins Central (3-1) 4 pts, Greenwood (3-2) 2 pts...

Ho Hum.... It may take the grace of God to dethrone the top 2 teams in the polls. The Bowling Green Purples absolutely demolished cross-town rival and district foe, Warren Central, 62-6, dropping the Dragons from #6 last week, completely out of this weeks poll. They also received all 10 1st place votes and deservingly so. The Red Devils of Owensboro held firm at #2 with an impressive win of its own, a 56-0 manhandling of Ohio Co. Warren East remained at #3, with a big district win against ever improving Franklin Simpson, 34-7. Graves Co. moved up a spot to #4 with a key district road win at Daviess co, 15-14. Marshall Co made the biggest jump this week, moving up 5 spots from #10 to #5 thanks to an impressive 2nd half come from behind road and district victory at the expense of then #9 Apollo, 38-22...

The Madisonville Maroons head the next group at #6. The Maroons continued the climb this week after a solid 38-21 win over a slumping Henderson Co Colonels. Lone Oak, despite a scare from unranked Calloway Co., moved up 1 spot to #7. The Flash won a thrilling OT game against the tough-luck Lakers, 34-28. Christian Co dropped from #4 to #8 this week, after it's 21-14 upset loss to cross-town district rival Hopkinsville. Speaking of the Tigers, they climbed into the polls for the 1st time since week 2 at #9, with the big win. Daviess Co. despite it's heartbreaking loss to the Graves Co Eagles, made it's way back into the polls this week at #10. Apollo, last weeks #9 and Warren Central, last weeks #6, both dropped out of the polls this week. Some new faces also garnered some votes this week in Calloway Co, Hopkins Central and Greenwood...

As always, your comments are welcome...

Marshall's move to #5 blows my mind

I can see that, but, in reality, they should have beaten Graves, losing a 12 pt lead late in the 4th qtr. so, they could easily be 4-1 and probably should be, with there only real bad loss in week 1 to a solid Chatt Mccallie team...I also think there win over Apollo along with the losses by Christian Co and Warren Central helped them move up the chain...

I know Marshall lost to Graves, but I'm starting to think the Marshals might be the best team in the 6A district ... of course, that's as long as Alan Williams stays healthy.

I agree...In watching the game with Graves, I came away feeling they were the better of the 2 teams, but, not by very much...