Shelby Valley/Pike Central Updates

EKUAlum05

I know this one won't gather much interest, but I am bored and the game is being broadcast over our local cable access so here we go:

Early 2nd Quarter.

SV 0

PC 0...

Shelby Valley has dominated this game but turnovers and penalties have kept them scoreless...

PC ball 3rd and 22.....

Pike Central gets a breath of life... Joe Nichols intercepts pass and returns it 85 yards for TD before the half. Kick fails...

SV 20

PC 6

SV has absolutely been unstoppable running the ball...yet have thrown 3 INT's!?!?!??! Why pass if you don't have to?

Halftime...

SV may actually be a bit of a sleeper this season in EKY 2A... they go from being the perennial 4 seed in a district featuring Belfry, Sheldon Clark, and Pburg... to a district with really only Pburg to contend with. The Wildcats could very well be one of those teams you see with like an 8-2 record going into the playoffs, but who are in all actuality a 5-5 team. Still, confidence goes a long way and the Wildcats haven't hosted a playoff game in a looooooooooong time.

SV forced to punt... 2:11 to go in 3rd.. PC ball on their own 19.

Why couldn't this be the opening act in last night's Pike County Bowl instead of the east Ridge/Phelps snorefest?

Hawks have some nice skill players, if PC had a good line they could compete with Belfry/Sheldon Clark... Merchant is the fastest player in 3A District 8.

As I brag on Merchant he tries to reverse field and is tackled for a huge loss... 3rd and 18. McQuire's pass incomplete... 4th down.