Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Infield Material

Featured Replies

We are going to re-do the skinned portion of our infield. Any suggestions on what to use. We are looking at mar mix and I am curious if most are pleased with it and how they applied. i.e. did they mix with any soil conditioner.

We are going to re-do the skinned portion of our infield. Any suggestions on what to use. We are looking at mar mix and I am curious if most are pleased with it and how they applied. i.e. did they mix with any soil conditioner.
Marmix is outstanding and absorbs water well. It doesn't clump and maintains it's viscosity. It comes from Alabama and is usually brought in 24 ton loads.

 

You can use with or without Infield Conditioner or a top dressing, but I would recommend you add. They also absorb moisture and help minimize, footprints on downpours.

 

Apply using a spreader or just dump out, rake to near level and you can have professional graded or drag yourself. I've used Marmix on 3 different fields, since 1998 and is excellent, affordable and easy to maintain.

30% round sand (masonry sand) mostly medium to coarse in texture

30% manufactured angular sand (DOT crack and seal sand) mostly coarse to very coarse

20% silt

20% clay

 

You can replace 5% of each of the sands with 10% calcined clay/infield conditioner.

 

You also want to finish off with a calcined clay or infield conditioner. Dragging it into the top couple of inches will improve playability and water management.

 

Or you could just go buy Marmix. :cool:

  • Author
Marmix is outstanding and absorbs water well. It doesn't clump and maintains it's viscosity. It comes from Alabama and is usually brought in 24 ton loads.

 

You can use with or without Infield Conditioner or a top dressing, but I would recommend you add. They also absorb moisture and help minimize, footprints on downpours.

 

Apply using a spreader or just dump out, rake to near level and you can have professional graded or drag yourself. I've used Marmix on 3 different fields, since 1998 and is excellent, affordable and easy to maintain.

 

How many truckloads would you suggest. I have been told one truck load will rais the infiield about 1/2 and inch.

How many truckloads would you suggest. I have been told one truck load will raise the infield about 1/2 and inch.
I really depends, on height but I've raised some areas approx. 2". It will help with low spot, baselines and feathering into the cut of the bases.

 

If you wanting to add at home and pitchers mound, along with baselines and infield area, 2 loads will be plenty. You can get by with 1 load, by having less near the outfield grass/infield transition.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.