OH 91 KY 80

You are wrong about the second half Scotter the 3rd five started the 2nd half and ended up at 53 to 53 with 15 minutes to go. the next 5 minutes is where the Ohio team made there move. I agree with 3pt shooter I was not overly impressed with Terry. Not because she is not a very good player but because she doesn't involve her team with her play. When she gets the ball her first thought is how can I attempt to score. Being from Rose Hill this was expected of her and Queen but in the all star game there were no weak players she had to compensate for. The other 4 made good passes to open players Terry not one. Don't get me wrong she was not the only one to do this. On the other 2 teams this was the rule and not the exception. That and the lack of good defense was the only negative I saw.

I believe you are correct about the order of play. Either way, the big Ohio margins were built when the second fives were playing. By the time the first five got back into the game, the margin was too large to overcome.

Nonetheless, it is not realistic to judge a player's real ability on the basis of one all-star game. A goodly number of girls exhibited flashes that indicated that they have a lot of ability. However, in such a game as this one, you play as five (fifteen) individuals and not as a team. Good playground ball but not really team ball.

Has Gray played in two all star games already? Isn't that the limit for NCAA rules? Does this mean she is not eligible for KY/Indiana all star game?

Does she get an exemption because she's Miss Basketball? :confused:

What about all these McDonald's all americans? They play in more than 2 all star games. OJ Mayo, for one, has.

I was at the game as well with my daughter who plays high school basketball. She really enjoyed watching Rebecca Gray play, as I did. However, the one player that stood out to me was Whitney Ballinger. She has great ball handling skills for a girl that is over 6 foot. In the program she was listed as a guard. Is this correct?

Whitney prefers to play guard although this year she had to be more of a forward/center due to the height of the other players on the CC team.

She really can play any position but will probably be a guard or forward at Western. It is nice that she has received some attention. Her team mates thought she looked really good at the game.