Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vitale's post-championship game comments about Donavan.

Featured Replies

  • Author
And Tubby Smith provided wins.

 

Most of your post seems to be "don't compare apples and oranges." I agree.

 

 

I can understand both sides of the Tubby situation. Part of me feels like the pressure was un-jus and part of me feels as though it was justified because of lack of tournament success of Tubby and players he recruited during his tenure at UK. Tubby provided regular season and SEC wins but a coach who guides a program of a this stature such as a UNC, Duke, UCLA, or a UK needs to win during the NCAA tourney and I'm sure they know that when they take the job at one of those schools. I've stated that as a UK fan I don't expect a championship every year because that's unrealistic but I do expect us to content and that means getting to the Final Four more than once a decade. I truely believe if Tubby would have made a Final Four or two in the past 10 years, the majority of the UK fan base would have content. I know I would have been.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The ESPN article quoted 2.8 as the minimum and 3.5 as the incentive max.

 

 

.....of UK's offer to Donavan? That sounds realistic to me although it's still $1 million more of guaranteed money than the next highest paid coaches which are Thad Matta and Rick Barnes at $1.8 million. That's quite an offer to Donavan and he'd be crazy to pass it up cause I don't think Florida could match that because then they would have to pay Urban Meyer even more to make him happy at a "football school".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.