Notre Dame's New Soccer Field

Word out of Park Hills is that NDA will have a new track and soccer field ON CAMPUS in the near future. I'm not sure if it will be ready for the upcoming soccer season though. For those of you familiar with the campus, they are going to fill in the valley area for the new track/field. That will be nice since NDA never has home games.

It truly amazes me that Notre Dame who has great sports program does not even have a soccer field for the girls to practice on. They are already good at soccer without a soccer field at the school to practice on. I can only imagine how much better they will be with a soccer field.

• 3 weeks later...
It truly amazes me that Notre Dame who has great sports program does not even have a soccer field for the girls to practice on. They are already good at soccer without a soccer field at the school to practice on. I can only imagine how much better they will be with a soccer field.

It is strange that a school their size does not have its own practice field but they do get to practice. I don't see the change of locale being much of a factor in their play.

• 1 month later...
Any more news on this cshs81? Is it going to be ready for this fall or are they aiming for 2008?

Its my understanding that digging will start any day. I can't imagine it will be used this season for soccer.

Its my understanding that digging will start any day. I can't imagine it will be used this season for soccer.

Good news. As hot as it is, if they are going the bermuda route, it would be a great time to start getting that into the ground. If they were going to sod it could be ready for fall, but that is significantly more $'s.