16th Region Tournament

I'll start a thread on what is on the minds of all area fans. The most important factor in the outcome of the tournament will be the "draw". Since winners must play runnersup in the first round, Russell's loss creates possible nightmares as well as blessings.

When you look at the eight teams in the region, it is conceivable that any of six could win it. I would think that only Ashland and Fleming County cannot advance to Diddle Arena.

No one wants to draw in the same bracket with Russell, Rowan County, West Carter, and/or Rose Hill. That is not to overlook Raceland and

East Carter but, of course, Raceland will be in the opposite bracket from Russell and East will be in the opposite bracket from West.

All in all, it could be a fine affair. However, as I said in another thread, Russell's loss could be just what they needed to shift up a gear or two and, in reality, Russell must be considered the favorite.

Draw Prediction:

Top Bracket

West Carter vs Ashland

Raceland vs Fleming

Bottom Bracket

Rose Hill vs Russell

Rowan Co vs East Carter

Official draw won't be held until Saturday morning at MSU, but thought it would fun to speculate.

This matchup would make virtually every game a good one from the opening round to the championship.

I Just noticed in the other thread that Rachael Vanderhoof of Raceland has a blown ACL. (two ACL's in two years for her). Terrible news for the Lady Rams. I am sure that this team will pull together and go out and play well regardless. I just hate to hear this, same thing for the Russell boys team w/o Vanhoose.

Draw Prediction:

Top Bracket

West Carter vs Ashland

Raceland vs Fleming

Bottom Bracket

Rose Hill vs Russell

Rowan Co vs East Carter

Official draw won't be held until Saturday morning at MSU, but thought it would fun to speculate.

And your basing this prediction on what?:creepy:

Kind of like "predicting" the roll of the dice, isn't it?

I hope you're wrong, GoRadio. If you get it right, I'm protesting.;)

I'd much prefer to see a Russell/Rowan 1st round match-up...in the bracket opposite the Lady Royals.:thumb:

Draw Prediction:

Top Bracket

West Carter vs Ashland

Raceland vs Fleming

Bottom Bracket

Rose Hill vs Russell

Rowan Co vs East Carter

I am guessing West would love that draw. The bottom bracket would be loaded.

Basing it on nothing scientific! I am usually about 75% right on these things for some reason. My secret??? I throw darts at paper on the dart board. Hey, it's just something I do for fun to see if I can guess what is going to happen before the draw actually happens. I got it right last year.

Just a funsy!!!

Kind of like "predicting" the roll of the dice, isn't it?

I hope you're wrong, GoRadio. If you get it right, I'm protesting.;)

I'd much prefer to see a Russell/Rowan 1st round match-up...in the bracket opposite the Lady Royals.:thumb:

Protest away! :jump: I have nothing to do with the draw, I just go and pay my broadcast rights fees, get my press passes, parking passes and EAT!!!