Williamsburg's Aaron Root signs with The University of the Cumberlands

volfan782000

It's now official. Aaron Root, stand out LB for Williamsburg High School signed his official letter of intent today with the University of the Cumberlands Patriots. Congratulations Aaron and for us Jacket fans we look forward to getting to see this fine young man for 4 more years.

Also signing today from Williamsburg was AJ Jusino, an offensive and defensive lineman, not sure where he'll end up in college, but UC may have gotten a sleeper here. AJ has a nice motor. Congratulations AJ....make us Jacket fans proud!

I was just curious, Williamsburg is a single A school with about 220 students in the high school. They have had 3 kids so far sign to play college football, with a 4th, Chase Hamlin, having the potential to sign as well. How many class A schools in the state are having similar results. I think I was told there are 50 kids in the senior class and about 23 are boys so doing the math here thats aprrox. 18% of the male class signing football scholarships. Jerry Herron and his staff deserve commendation for producing that kind of class. Thats pretty impressive to an old fart like me!

• 1 month later...

As some of you know, Root is also a standout catcher on the baseball team. He has just been given the opportunity to play in a summer collegiate league with the Columbus, Ohio Rattlers, a midwestern traveling team. Have heard he may be getting looks from scouting services. Best of luck to this fine young man!