Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knox Central 50 Bell Co. 68

Featured Replies

I didn't see the Bargo kid at the game did he quit?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure. Seems like there are alot of people discontent in Knox County with the state of affairs in the basketball arena. Barbourville has benefited for decades of this discontentment. I would dare say Knox County has had more pure basketball talent come thru it over the years than Whitley or Laurel.

Whitley yes, but Laurel?

I would say yes to both.....I can not think of Laurel having a player with as much talent as Tony Patterson, Terry Mills....etc...

 

Laurel has done a better job of developing their talent and keeping it together no doubt.

Let me see.

 

Doug Macintosh, UCLA, Lilly High School, Played for John Wooden

GJ Smith- UK, Hazel Green and Laurel County

Paul Andrews- UK, Laurel County

Raymond Cox- broke rebounding records at Cumberland, Hall of Fame

Proffitt- Notre Dame, South Laurel

 

These were all fairly good players. There was another guy that I can't think of his name that played for Maguire at Univ of North Carolina.

You are all knowing Rojas......back to the 40's with some of those....lol

 

 

Wonder if they had played at Knox Central would they have all achieved those heights? I was trying to be kind and respectful to Laurel County. Seems like you have a distaste for Bubba.

Let me see.

 

Doug Macintosh, UCLA, Lilly High School, Played for John Wooden

GJ Smith- UK, Hazel Green and Laurel County

Paul Andrews- UK, Laurel County

Raymond Cox- broke rebounding records at Cumberland, Hall of Fame

Proffitt- Notre Dame, South Laurel

 

These were all fairly good players. There was another guy that I can't think of his name that played for Maguire at Univ of North Carolina.

I thought Raymond Cox came from Harlan County, I could be wrong...He is being inducted into the Hall of Fame at Cumberland...

As far as the game goes the 18 point spread was more than I thought it would be...

You are all knowing Rojas......back to the 40's with some of those....lol

 

 

Wonder if they had played at Knox Central would they have all achieved those heights? I was trying to be kind and respectful to Laurel County. Seems like you have a distaste for Bubba.

Nope. 60s and after.

I thought Raymond Cox came from Harlan County, I could be wrong...He is being inducted into the Hall of Fame at Cumberland...

As far as the game goes the 18 point spread was more than I thought it would be...

Nope. Cox played at Hazel Green.

But Harlan Co has produced more than their share of talent also.

 

Jones (UK), Parsons (UK), Cox (Vandy), and the best of them all Sanford (LMU).

You are all knowing Rojas......back to the 40's with some of those....lol

 

 

Wonder if they had played at Knox Central would they have all achieved those heights? I was trying to be kind and respectful to Laurel County. Seems like you have a distaste for Bubba.

Also no distaste for Bubba.

 

The Patterson team that you mentioned was very talented. The game with Corbin at Knox Central was a classic that year. Bo Rhoden let up Central from the 3 point line. Then a very tiny B'ville team upset them in the first game of the district.

That team was missing some talent as well that year. I can recall the middle school teams in that era. Many ended up at other schools.

Didn't Lily have a Storm kid that was pretty good back in the day...Seems like one of them played at Union...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.