Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Winter is not over yet.

Featured Replies

By the middle of the week, a trough will move southeasterly and get close to Kentucky. Rain is expected on Wednesday as it approaches Kentucky. An upper-level low will develop late on Wednesday as the trough approaches Kentucky. A deep pocket of cold air (upper-level low) will turn the rain into snow as it intensifies.  As the low slowly moves eastward out of Kentucky, the likelihood of snowfall will begin to decrease. The GFS is the source of this data. 

The GEFS Ensemble model indicates that the best chance of seeing any accumulation is primarily east of I-65.

As of this evening, the Euro is not displaying this system, so there is still a great deal of uncertainty regarding this potential winter event. This is different from what it displayed yesterday.

As we approach, more clarity will become apparent. Another thing to be aware of. On Sunday, there might be another chance of snowfall to cap off the forthcoming weekend.  

 

floop-gfs-2026011118.500hv.conus.thumb.gif.73b71f0fc3f38a4ff5815ba327c841f7.gif

 

floop-gfs-2026011118.sfct-imp.conus.thumb.gif.d3b93997d0c55cf1c55b0faaf87e3ab8.gif

 

floop-gfs-2026011118.prateptype_cat-imp.conus.thumb.gif.027907e74afe22a91d34fc82c47ad8db.gif

 

 

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ov.thumb.png.1c11e71ace1dbbf5c44d4ba081886ea7.png

PreferPay®.pdf Safeco_251124_121806.pdf

  • Author

Snow chances are trending down from Wednesday night into early Thursday.


Earlier models showed two weather systems combining over Kentucky, which would have produced more snow. New data now shows those systems staying separate.

One system moves in with a cold front that may change rain to snow, while the other tracks farther south and moves out ahead of it. Because they won’t merge, snowfall amounts should be lower.

Any accumulating snow will be spotty, with the best chance in eastern and southeastern Kentucky—mainly east of I-75 and south of I-64.
 

 

floop-gfs-2026011306.500hv.conus.thumb.gif.31b14c75b4eb3220c040309a4b420ee3.gif

floop-gfs-2026011118.500hv.conus.thumb.gif.3fb35261b557f943feaf6590392d0ba0.gif

 

sn10_024h-prob01.us_ov.thumb.png.4d17911538c4fab6dc3e209712ade4b7.png

  • Author

I'll post how much snow we may get after this first system in the morning. I'm not really expecting much. I'm not expecting much for the systems this weekend. 

I have just looked for the possible next system that may produce wintry weather for our area next weekend. It looks very interesting. 

From Cincinnati's Most Accurate, WLWT. 

most.jpg

  • Author

The cold will be the story over the weekend.

For the first system, I'm thinking a dusting to 1" for those around I-75 eastward. Portions of southeast Kentucky could see 1-3, especially in the mountain areas. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.