Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intimidation...

Featured Replies

I think it all starts with the coach. When I was at the middle school we had 17 players one year and scrimmage a team that had 70. I explained to our players that only 11 at a time could play,and if they let the numbers scare them we would be in trouble. I also explained that if you let it fire you up that it didn't matter how many were on the sidelines we would win this game. They never crossed midfield and we dominated. Went 8-1 and won our conference undeafeted. I honestly think if we hadn't addressed this we probably would've been intimidated and gotten beat.

Yes, I think that intimidation can play a huge factor on ANY playing field as well as in day to day life.

It seems that society in general looks at people that are successful and or hold higher power as a better person/people. I don't agree with this. I feel you can win any game, be a top exec in a company or be president of the US for that matter....BUT if you don't have a true heart and soul...you are nothing! I think that if more people believed in this they would be amazed at what they can accomplish.

:thumb: You just put a smile on Dick Vitale's face!

Confidence is a big part of football. That goes hand in hand with intimidation.

Another question I feel I should tack on here is, how do you overcome that? Team spirit/heart? Coaching?

 

Being a COMPLETE team, playing as a whole and having 100% faith in the guy beside you is a good place to start.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.