Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corey Thompson is head football coach at Waggener.

Featured Replies

I'd had someone mention to me a while back that he thought Tye Lawson was out as head football coach at Waggener - I didn't see anything official on it and put it to the back of my mind, but then I just today came across a tweet from @NateInSports from the end of May saying that Corey Thompson is now head football coach at Waggener.

I checked the KHSAA directory, and it appears that additional to no longer being head football coach at Waggener, Tye Lawson is no longer the athletic director, so I would assume that more than likely means Lawson has moved on from Waggener.

Coach Thompson is a 2005 Waggener grad, and then headed to EKU where he was a member of the track team. Since college he has spent time working on staff as a youth counselor at Maryhurst in Louisville, which should give him some absolutely invaluable experience in dealing with high schoolers from adverse backgrounds. Thompson has been the head of Waggener's track and field program for the past two or three years. I'm not sure what his football background is, but I definitely wish him and the Wildcats the best of luck!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.