Great Crossing Leading Scorers- Dawson 22, Moreno 21

Bryan Station- Owens 31, Adams 14

76 Madison Southern Lexington Christian 70

Madison Southern Leading Scorers- Z. Hudson 22, Nobbe 18, Rose 16, Davidson 15

Lexington Christian Leading Scorers- Howard 24, Preston 16, King 12, Hardge12

Semifinals

60 Lexington Catholic Frederick Douglass 50

Lexington Catholic Leading Scorers-R. Williams 19, Doyle 13, M. Williams 10 

Frederick Douglass Leading Scorers- Stats not provided on KHSAA. 

85 Great Crossing Madison Southern 64

Great Crossing Leading Scorers- Stats not provided on KHSAA.

Madison Southern Leading Scorers- Z. Hudson 22, B. Hudson 17, Rose 10

Finals

We are down to 2 and it is the two everyone expected all year. Not only are these two teams 1 and 2 in the region but they are ranked that in the state as well. It is a shame that both of these two teams can't go to Rupp and compete for a state championship. Most people believe that this game Tuesday night is the state championship game and I agree with that as I have had Lexington Catholic winning the state championship since December. Great Crossing (33-1) is on a 21-game winning streak and has not loss to a team in the state of Kentucky all year. They are led by a trio of juniors Dawson 18ppg, Moreno 15.6 ppg, Burrell 11.2 ppg. Lexington Catholic (32-2) comes into this game on a 12-game winning streak with their last loss being to this Great Crossing team on Jan. 27th by a score of 58-50. Lexington Catholic only two losses have come by this Great Crossing team and Lyon County. They are led by a trio of seniors Doyle 16.9 ppg, Reinhart 14.8ppg, Rowan Williams 13.2ppg. Both these two teams average 70+ points per game so it should be fast paced and high scoring however the first matchup was lower scoring than expected at 58 to 50. I have to figure that Lexington Catholic wants to use their full court press and run and gun style to up that score and pace this time around. This is as highly anticipated of a regional final as I can ever remember! It just does not get any better than this and I cannot wait to witness it.

Prediction

79 Lexington Catholic Great Crossing 78