Mercer County vs. Southwestern Updates/Predictions (12th Region Tournament)

1 hour ago, Remember The Name said:

I believe the Maroon Sports Network will be showing it on their YouTube if anybody does want to watch it.

They're live streaming all the regional games in the 12th!

I will take Mercer Co.  Zach Hutchinson hurting his ankle in district championship impacts my decision on this one.  He has been playing really well down the stretch for the Warriors.

Not saying Southwestern would have won, but sure would have been interesting to see the difference in a healthy Hutchison play. Young man is a really good player and can shoot the lights out from 3. He hobbled a few minutes but could not give the effort to help much.

8 minutes ago, wcfan14 said:

Not saying Southwestern would have won, but sure would have been interesting to see the difference in a healthy Hutchison play. Young man is a really good player and can shoot the lights out from 3. He hobbled a few minutes but could not give the effort to help much.

That's what I was thinking too!  Kid had a strong back half of the season!

2 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

Mercer shot 29 free throws.  That was the key to the game and indicates poor defense on the part of Southwestern.

Or just a team playing till the end - by extending a defense and fouling late 

7 minutes ago, catfan09 said:

Or just a team playing till the end - by extending a defense and fouling late 

In some cases you’d be correct but in this game they were fouling the entire game.  At halftime the announcers were discussing how many points Mercer scored with free throws.