Spencer County 46 Simon Kenton 45 (8th Region Quarters)

Final from Anderson County. This I would think was a mild upset based on the 8th region RPI. Spencer will have a real shot at making the 8th region final now as they will take on North Oldham who defeated Owen Co. in the first game tonight who they defeated in the regular season.

• Thanks 1

Spencer plays very physical defense and can slow teams down.  I agree that this was a mild upset but not a major one.  If the final is a 4th matchup between Anderson and Spencer, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spencer win.  Hard to beat a team 3 times and doing so 4 times in a season would be that much more difficult. 

2 minutes ago, KingLow said:

Hard to beat a team 3 times and doing so 4 times in a season would be that much more difficult. 

Of all sports cliches, this is easily my least favorite.  If I'm better than you 3x, than the chances are good I will be better than you 4x.  

If Anderson County plays Spencer County (and them beating a fringe Top 20 team is more than a mild upset, IMHO) again than Anderson County will be cutting down nets.  Spencer is yet to score more than 31 points in 3 tries, that isn't getting it done.  

• Like 1