Ashland 58 George Rogers Clark 52 (OT)

Final from Ashland's Anderson Gymnasium. In a battle of strong contenders to advance to Rupp - each down their best player - the Kittens (24-6) dig deep to claw out an upset win in overtime over the favored Lady Cards (25-4, State #3).

Every moment of this game was competitive. GRC led by as many as six in the first half. It was nip and tuck the entire second half before Ashland stifled the Cardinals in OT, holding them to just two points after regulation. 

High Scorers

Ashland - Sellars 14 | Karle 14 | A. Gulley 10

GRC - Yeast 14 | Green 13 | Jones 11 | Stamper 11

• Thanks 1

I believe both teams were playing without their best player. Woods was dressed with a knee brace so I assume she'll be back soon. Not sure about the young lady from GRC. Hopefully both return going into the post season. 

35 minutes ago, rerun said:

I believe both teams were playing without their best player. Woods was dressed with a knee brace so I assume she'll be back soon. Not sure about the young lady from GRC. Hopefully both return going into the post season. 

Ciara Byars has been out for about 13 games for GRC and I'm 99% sure she isn't coming back this year.  Sadly.  

• Sad 1