HOF Class of 2024 Announced

14 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

No complaints with this class.   Wagner should get in next year, along with Ichiro.     The wildcard is Gary Sheffield.   He keeps inching closer...closer than anyone mentioned in the Mitchell Report, that I can think of.

Helton was iffy, (his numbers were very much a product of playing in Coord Field) but since he was the cornerstone of my first (of four - and I only played four years) fantasy titles, I’ll cut him some slack. 

The writers still hold Warner’s abysmal post-season stats against him, even though it’s a small sample size.   Sheffield’s 500 homers should be enough, but his dalliance with “the cream” has held him back so far. 

There are a couple of no-brainers up for the first time in 2025  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Helton was iffy, (his numbers were very much a product of playing in Coord Field) but since he was the cornerstone of my first (of four - and I only played four years) fantasy titles, I’ll cut him some slack. 

The writers still hold Warner’s abysmal post-season stats against him, even though it’s a small sample size.   Sheffield’s 500 homers should be enough, but his dalliance with “the cream” has held him back so far. 

There are a couple of no-brainers up for the first time in 2025  

I never hold that against a player.   You play where you play.   Babe Ruth never had to play night games or travel further west than Chicago, but his 714 are still 714.