Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JBS 72 Cordia 67

Featured Replies

Cordia seems to always play June Buchanan tough. I suppose being a county rival may have something to do with it. I believe the Crusaders will also likely play Knott Central in the tournament, another county rival.

I went and saw the game and here are my honest views(hope I dont offend anyone but here how I saw it.)

 

Cordia shot the lights out(probably 60%) and most shots were wide open shots. They were very patient on offense and Coach Honeycutt had a great game plan. The Cordia kids played very hard and deserved to win also.

JBS didnt have a good game plan and I think was overlooking Cordia and thinking of playing Hazard. Clark Stepp made some big shots at the end of the game but took some horrible shots in the first half. CLint Stepp played almost the whole game and hit only one shot and never had any assists or rebounds that I saw. The people he was guarding scored many times and the fans couldnt understand why they were playing him???JBS never used their big men even though they had a huge size advantage. The Conley kid hit 4 shots in the first half and didnt play much in the 2nd half. Collins played well at the end of the game when they finally decided to throw him the ball. I hope that JBS doesnt throw the season away to serve some special agenda. This is what I saw tonight.

I went and saw the game and here are my honest views(hope I dont offend anyone but here how I saw it.)

 

Cordia shot the lights out(probably 60%) and most shots were wide open shots. They were very patient on offense and Coach Honeycutt had a great game plan. The Cordia kids played very hard and deserved to win also.

JBS didnt have a good game plan and I think was overlooking Cordia and thinking of playing Hazard. Clark Stepp made some big shots at the end of the game but took some horrible shots in the first half. CLint Stepp played almost the whole game and hit only one shot and never had any assists or rebounds that I saw. The people he was guarding scored many times and the fans couldnt understand why they were playing him???JBS never used their big men even though they had a huge size advantage. The Conley kid hit 4 shots in the first half and didnt play much in the 2nd half. Collins played well at the end of the game when they finally decided to throw him the ball. I hope that JBS doesnt throw the season away to serve some special agenda. This is what I saw tonight.

Sounds like a normal game for them.......Congrats JBS.
Sounds like a normal game for them.......Congrats JBS.

 

I honestly think that if JBS played the people who deserve to play and played team ball that no one in this region is close to them in talent. I am not saying they cant be beat but if they put away the personal agendas it would be real hard.

JBS wasnt ready tonight, they played down pretty much the whole game, Hurt was on fire, he didnt miss from 3 point range I dont think, Taylor did good as well, but JBS has had alot of players with sickness, and alot of them have been tired, but im not saying thats an excuse, because its not, but everytime Cordia and JBS meet its a automatic good game, they play close every game, Cordia is very well coached

Maybe the underclassmen immaturity is finally coming out. Don't get me wrong, they hide it well. Can't really say that they're "underclassmen" when their sophomores are as old as some seniors in the region. JBS is a great team and they know they're good. I hope this doesnt come back to haunt them.

Maybe the underclassmen immaturity is finally coming out. Don't get me wrong, they hide it well. Can't really say that they're "underclassmen" when their sophomores are as old as some seniors in the region. JBS is a great team and they know they're good. I hope this doesnt come back to haunt them.

 

 

I really dont think it has anything to do with immaturity it is just that they play other peoples style of play instead of using their size and making teams adust to them. I think the JBS coaching staff showed that they intend to play the younger Stepp even if is a game that he cannot help and even if it beats them.

I really dont think it has anything to do with immaturity it is just that they play other peoples style of play instead of using their size and making teams adust to them. I think the JBS coaching staff showed that they intend to play the younger Stepp even if is a game that he cannot help and even if it beats them.

The old saying is " blood is thicker than water " ...... oh , another thing is family makes no mistakes........ :thumb:

If not for the illegal screen call at the end of the game on Cordia, which by the way had not been called all night long, Cordia would have pulled the upset. Had the ball under a minute and JBS was going to have to foul, but out of the blue, this little short bald guy comes out of someones pocket and calls something that has been going on all night. Like they always say, if it's not an illegal screen the first 31 minutes, then it sure in the heck isn't an illegal screen in the last minute. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Great job Lions, should of had the win, but their is always the District when you can put them out of the tourney and not even let them make the region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.