51st District games

Les

I found out tonight that the first round games of the 51st District Tourney will be as follows:

Knox Central vs. Barbourville (I'm not sure who is the 2 or 3 seed, but it doesn't matter).

Pineville (1 seed) vs. Lynn Camp (4 seed)

All the rest of Knox County is happy about it even if Coach Phipps is not....lol

Not sure what would make Dinky happy, the man is a hard person to please. I think this game will be huge and would not be surprised to see the winner lose in the finals against the LC / Pineville winner. All the media, community and fans will be focused on the KC and Bville game and this might just allow one of the other two to slip in the backdoor. Time will tell.

Coach Elam has a couple of districts under his belt already. He knows the drill and is surely the most fun Coach to quote in that district. Coach Pennington is a firey little guy who kinda reminds me of a young David Fraley, for those of you old enough to recall Uncle Dave back in the day. I wonder if the referees for the district will come from out of region as well this season? This might have a huge say in who makes it to the regional tournament.

I didn't ask that. But I heard Dinky on the radio today and to my ears, he didn't seem to happy about a KC/B'ville first round match-up.

Coach Phipps is probley not to happy to be playing the Panthers in their new gym, sell-out crowd, trip to the region, bragging rights, etc. all rolled into one, when he can't use the underdog role after their win a couple of weeks ago. Should be fun, I can't wait.