Highlands 1 Dixie Heights 0

kyag

I was torn on whether to head to Union or Ft. Thomas last night. I decided to make the trip to Tower Park and watch this game. Highlands looked like a much better team for the majority of the game last night. #31 (Gesenheus) is the best player I have seen in NKY this year. He covered a ton of ground and caused Dixie's midfield all kinds of problems. The birds had quite a few chances to put a couple more goals in but Dixie's goalkeeper had a heck of a game with multiple big saves. 

Highlands lone goal came off a strong run from Gesenheus down the left side, and a bluebirds player finished the cross at the near post. 

Dixie seems to be struggling at the moment, this was a 3rd straight loss for the Colonels and they have seemed to be struggling to find the back of the net all season. I think they will take care of business in the 34th district tournament but unless this was just an off night for the Colonels I don't see this Dixie team causing too much of a problem for the top teams in the 9th region tournament this year. 

After last nights game, I have now had the opportunity to watch all the "Top" teams in NKY. This would be my Top 5: 

1. Ryle 

2. Cov Cath

3. Highlands

4. Conner 

5. NCC

• Like 3

@NKYSPORTS GUY your game assessment is spot on!  I really like how Highlands has played since the loss to their little brother NCC (haha).  It will be interesting to see how they play against 2 really physical teams (Cooper/Simon Kenton) next week.  Can they maintain composure getting pushed around?  They are also still missing their leading scorer in Gamble who is listed day to day on the Injury Report.....Hope to get him 100% in the next few days to get his pitch legs back underneath him to make this run.

I also like how @NKYSPORTS GUYhas the Top 5 ranked....I have also seen all these guys play and agree once again with your order....

• Like 1