Assistant Pro jobs

Anybody know of any openings out there? I'm currently an asst. pro at a course, but there is a chance it is going to go under new ownership and you never know what can happen when that happens. I'm particularly interested in central kentucky, but will listen to jobs from anywhere.

Anybody know of any openings out there? I'm currently an asst. pro at a course, but there is a chance it is going to go under new ownership and you never know what can happen when that happens. I'm particularly interested in central kentucky, but will listen to jobs from anywhere.

I'll check around. Would you prefer a public course or a country club?

Ja, or anyone else that may know, what can you tell me about Bardstown/Maywood/Woodlawn CC. I see they have 36 holes and are in Bardstown obviously, but I was looking for a little more info on them as they posted an opening on the pgalinks website.

Also, let me know if you found anything out from looking at other places. I'm getting a few leads, but nothing major really.

Maywood and Woodlawn Springs combined to make Bardstown CC. Chris Osborne is a great person and I would think great to work for.

As for the courses, they are both OK. Maywood is a little better IMO.

Here's the website:

http://www.maywoodcountryclub.com/

What other courses are you looking at?

Players Club of Henderson has an opening, but that is a long way from everything.

Nashville Golf and Athletic Club has an opening, again, still quite a ways away.

The next closest ones are Hamilton, OH and Cincy.

Heard from the pro at Picadome that Andover may be looking for one, but nothing posted and dont know for sure.

Also, heard that Denver at Kearney was going to be leaving some time in the next couple of months, but again nothing for sure.

My girlfriend heard some guys at the Y downtown that the assistant at Griffin Gate had left and they only had 1 or 2 people in there right now.

I have contacted the City of Lexington Parks Golf Director about a job, but he said there wasnt anything open right now but he would keep my resume and name close by if something came open.

Players Club of Henderson has an opening, but that is a long way from everything.

Nashville Golf and Athletic Club has an opening, again, still quite a ways away.

The next closest ones are Hamilton, OH and Cincy.

Heard from the pro at Picadome that Andover may be looking for one, but nothing posted and dont know for sure.

Also, heard that Denver at Kearney was going to be leaving some time in the next couple of months, but again nothing for sure.

My girlfriend heard some guys at the Y downtown that the assistant at Griffin Gate had left and they only had 1 or 2 people in there right now.

I have contacted the City of Lexington Parks Golf Director about a job, but he said there wasnt anything open right now but he would keep my resume and name close by if something came open.

I know the assistant at Griffin Gate is gone. I saw him Saturday. I'm not sure who's running that whole operation anymore now that Behler is at Mt. Sterling CC.

PC of Henderson is a great course. I'm not sure about the personel down there though and it is quite a haul.

I wonder what Denver is going to do? I know at one time he had thought about going to play on a mini tour, but he didn't mention that last time I talked to him.

I'll keep my ears open!

I know the assistant at Griffin Gate is gone. I saw him Saturday. I'm not sure who's running that whole operation anymore now that Behler is at Mt. Sterling CC.

PC of Henderson is a great course. I'm not sure about the personel down there though and it is quite a haul.

I wonder what Denver is going to do? I know at one time he had thought about going to play on a mini tour, but he didn't mention that last time I talked to him.

I'll keep my ears open!

It seems like they are dropping like flies in Central Ky. Cashman is gone from U. Club. I didnt know Beheler had left GG. Cherry Blossom doesnt have a pro. Now would definitely be a good time to be certified. :madman:

Scott Settles is the pro at PC. Don't know much about him, and again that would be a tough move for me.

I have heard two things on Denver. One, he is going to some exclusive club out west that has some outrageous membership fees with members such as Charles Schwab. Two, he is going south and playing on a mini tour where some guy has agreed to sponsor him. I heard both from two different people that I tend to believe, so it is hard to say.