Week 5 Games to Watch

kyag

We are officially halfway through the season and for me, the top 3 teams are still Ryle, Highlands, and Cov Cath.  After those 3, can anyone separate from the group and make a run as a contender for a 9th Region title?  Here are some games in my opinion to watch this week:

Tuesday (9/5/23)

Highlands @ Covington Catholic - Highlands didn't play last week as they have two big times games this week and will be the team to watch this week.  Can the Bluebirds solidify a spot as the top team in NKY?  The Colonels have won the last 2 meetings.  I've seen both teams and I think Cov Cath playing at home might be enough to get a 1-0 win.  

Thursday (9/7/23)

Highlands @ Ryle - These teams met at Soccerama with Highlands getting the win.  Ryle verses NKY competition has scored 21 goals and conceded 2.  Highlands has done the same scoring 25 goals and conceding 5.  Will this be a track meet with both teams making attacks, or will the defense show up and we get a heavyweight match with both sides waiting for a miscue from the other.  Maybe a preview of the 9th Region title game?

Holy Cross (Covington) @ Holmes - District 35 battle.  Can Holmes get a win?  The last time the Bulldogs beat the Indians was in 2018, this is Holmes only win in 23 years.  

Other games of note:

Tuesday (9/5/23)

Boone County @ Campbell County

Beechwood @ Conner 

Cooper @ Holy Cross (Covington)

Calvary Christian @ Pendleton County

Dixie Heights @ Simon Kenton

St. Henry @ Ryle

Bishop Brossart @ Walton Verona

Thursday (9/7/23)

Beechwood @ Campbell County

Boone County @ Conner (District 33 Game)

Scott @ Newport Central Catholic

Grant County @ Simon Kenton (District 32 Game)

Dixie Heights @ St. Henry (District 34 Game)

Saturday (9/9/23)

Bishop Brossart @ Calvary Christian (10th Region All "A")

Newport Central Catholic @ Holmes

Walton Verona @ Villa Madonna

Simon Kenton @ Scott

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 12:32 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

I noticed that Riherds scoreboard doesn't have this year's soccer schedules or results. Is there a site that covers the entire state showing rankings, schedules and results?

On 8/27/2023 at 7:49 AM, FrankNicodemus said:

@kyag I think a big game that happened yesterday with Highlands with a "like" opponent Ryle had was the fact that Highlands crushed Henry Clay 4-0 at Tower Park on Senior Day.  The same Henry Clay team that knocked off Ryle back on Aug 12th 3-2.

Highlands has played extremely well the last 3 halves....the 2nd half of the Camp Co game + the whole Henry Clay game.  They are going to get plenty of rest and recovery time before they go into Park Hills on Tue, Sep 5th.

#BEATCOLONELS

Soccerama is just a NKHSBSCA event and scores are not submitted to KHSAA. I use the Riherds Scoreboard for a lot of my score updates, it’s a great site with a ton of access to team information. You may have the wrong link, but all the information is listed. 

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kybsc23?I'd=2023-09-05

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2023 at 12:07 PM, The Double Deuce said:

I won't be surprised if Highlands wins the game with CovCath 2-0 or 3-0.  

CovCath is going to struggle to score against good teams, and Highlands certainly qualifies.  

I was close….just didn’t expect the tie. Having seen both teams I think Cov Cath has the better defense, just my opinion. 

• Like 2