Franklin-Simpson 31 Allen County-Scottsville 21

FSfan

FS took 5 first half turnovers from the Patriots on the way to a 28-0 lead early in the third quarter. Looked like it may have been headed for a running clock but ACS kept fighting. A few big plays by the Patriots and some big penalties and mistakes by FS fueled a furious comeback. FS buckled down late and had one of their long clock eating drives capped off with a clinching field goal to wrap up the victory.    

This is always a hard fought game between two bitter rivals. ACS knows FS probably better than anyone else and even when FS has more talent on paper, it’s never an easy win for them. FS has lost several times to ACS when they probably shouldn’t have. Always nice to get the win in this one. 

• Thanks 1

This sets up an interesting matchup next week, that I'm sure no one would have even considered it to be remotely intriqueing before the season started.  FS is 3-0 and will be hosting Adair Co who is also 3-0 in a district matchup.  I'm sure FS will still be the favorite, but I think this will be a good game.