Mason County 72 Campbell County 52

Nice win for the Royals, Campbell Co hung tough til that big run in the 3rd. I turned the game off for a few minutes, turned it back on at the end of the third quarter and heard it was a 20 point deficit.

No disrespect to Campbell, but this really could have been a trap game for the Royals with the big games coming up this weekend. Nice win and time to get ready for some revenge on friday : )

Campbell played well for a half,They hit there open 3s and made it a game.Hats off to the Camels for that.Miller dominated this game on the glass and defense.This was a tough game for Mason to be honest after the Scott County game and before the LexCath and Jeffersontown games this weekend.Good road win Royals now on to an exciting weekend against two top 10 teams.JV Royals stay unbeaten with a W also.

GO ROYALS

Royals came out a little flat but to their credit, CC was lights out from behind the arc for the first half; then hit 2 more early in the 3rd to pull within 4 points, Mason needs to defend the three a little better this weekend; I don't recall seeing even a hand in the face. Looked for a while like Mason County had never seen a 3-2 zone; finally started to exploit it. Pressure defense played in spurts; but was able to keep and grow the lead in the second half. Lead went from 36-32 to 52-36 in a heartbeat.

Balanced scoring for MC; Middleton had 16 and was something like 4-5 from distance, Miller and Scott each had 15, Setty had 10 and I think Stahl had 8.

The PA announcer was a hoot; let's just say that I've never heard as many details without listening to the radio. Unusual to hear the PA guy announcing while guys were shooting free throws.

Hope the Royals carry the 2nd half momentum over to the weekend, 'cause if they repeat last night's first half against Catholic or J'Town they won't knw what hit them.