NKY Week 3 Review

kyag

Week 3 saw Ryle go into Park Hills and get a PK to pull out the W vs Covington Catholic.  We had the All "A" classic wrap up this week, congratulations to Newport Central Catholic on winning this small school tournament.  Cooper and Dixie Heights battled it out on Thursday night with the Red Colonels pulling out the win.  

I did not put the All "A" games that took place this week in the sheet.  I figured most of these teams play during the regular season and there was no reason to add these games to the sheet.  

image.thumb.png.439482a4aec399db50462c6656ca560f.png

I'll take my stab again at ranking the top 10 for NKY:

1. Ryle

2 Highlands

3. Covington Catholic

4. Dixie Heights

5. Newport Central Catholic

6. Bishop Brossart

7. Cooper

8. Simon Kenton

9. Conner

10. Holy Cross

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@kyag I think a big game that happened yesterday with Highlands with a "like" opponent Ryle had was the fact that Highlands crushed Henry Clay 4-0 at Tower Park on Senior Day.  The same Henry Clay team that knocked off Ryle back on Aug 12th 3-2.

Highlands has played extremely well the last 3 halves....the 2nd half of the Camp Co game + the whole Henry Clay game.  They are going to get plenty of rest and recovery time before they go into Park Hills on Tue, Sep 5th.

#BEATCOLONELS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@kyag I think a big game that happened yesterday with Highlands with a "like" opponent Ryle had was the fact that Highlands crushed Henry Clay 4-0 at Tower Park on Senior Day.  The same Henry Clay team that knocked off Ryle back on Aug 12th 3-2.

Highlands has played extremely well the last 3 halves....the 2nd half of the Camp Co game + the whole Henry Clay game.  They are going to get plenty of rest and recovery time before they go into Park Hills on Tue, Sep 5th.

#BEATCOLONELS

Good point…looking at the game stats which seem incomplete for the Ryle/Henry Clay game it looks like Barth didn’t play and I’m not sure how focused on winning Ryle was as much as they were looking at who would be potential players that could help them when it really  counts, districts, regionals, and state. The week of September 4th we should learn a lot about Highlands as they have Cov Cath and Ryle, which both will be games to watch next week. 

56 minutes ago, kyag said:

Good point…looking at the game stats which seem incomplete for the Ryle/Henry Clay game it looks like Barth didn’t play and I’m not sure how focused on winning Ryle was as much as they were looking at who would be potential players that could help them when it really  counts, districts, regionals, and state. The week of September 4th we should learn a lot about Highlands as they have Cov Cath and Ryle, which both will be games to watch next week. 

Totally agree, but I stand by my comment. The last 120 minutes of play the Birds are “clicking”!!!

Week of Sept 5th is going to be awesome soccer in NKY, I can’t wait!