Kings Hammer (Boys) Blue Chip Showcase 2023

I’d be interested to hear how some of the local NKY teams do or did in this weekends Kings Hammer Blue Chip Showcase in Mason Ohio. 

Man... nothing from the members on this?  I thought for sure I'd get a couple of details from some other members who had kids playing in the boys showcase this week.

Anyway...Here is an update on the Fusion B07 Green team.

The men in green won their 1st game vs Pacesetter soccer club out of Sylvania Ohio 1-0.  Fusion scores in the second half off a tap in by Carson Baldock (St. Henry).  This was a very controlled game by Fusion who spaced the field very well.

Second game Fusion played Star SC Hotshots from Cincinnati.  The Hotshots had good size and speed which created some problems for the men in green.  Fusion did score 1st and carried a 1-0 lead into half.  Second half saw Star SC Hotshots come out very aggressive and were able to take advantages on some missed defensive assignments and pull away for a 3-1 win.  I was impressed with the Hotshots and thought they controlled the game in the second half.

Third game Fusion played Ohio Premier Futbol Club (OPFC).  OPFC came into the game having given up zero goals and had previously beat both Pacesetter and Star SC Hotshots.  This was a very tall team with a strong midfield and probably the tallest center back I've seen...guessing he was close to 6'4".  Fusion scored first from a header by Carson Baldock and held that going into half.  Shortly after half time, mother nature decided to send in the clouds, the rain, and finally hail!  Game was postponed for about 15 minutes then resumed.  OPFC made some nice connections and got a goal to sneak past to tie the game 1-1.  About 10 minutes go by and Mason Ginn connects a pass to Grady Noble who gets past the left back and keeper to tap it in to put Fusion ahead 2-1.  Fusion holds on to win the game.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great Information @kyag!  The thing with club is if your kid isn't in it you don't keep up with it very much.

My daughter played for Javanon in Louisville for several years before going onto lacrosse and lacrosse club.  Her Javanon teams would go play up at Kings Hammer and it was always very strong competition.

Good luck to your Fusion Team going forward!