Knox Central hires Mitchell Madden

Knox Central has hired Mitchell Madden from Oneida Baptist opening the OBI job now. 

Madden has been highly successful with travel basketball in the London , Knox, Clay and Jackson County area. Potentially a homerun hire for the Panthers. 

• 6 months later...

Mitch will do a good job with Knox if they don't kill him with expectations. He did a good job in getting a 1 year rental back from North Laurel to anchor their post area but otherwise the talent is very young. He will press from beginning till end. 10 wins is the ceiling but look out in a couple years if they give him a chance....

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 1:40 PM, LethalPG said:

They should have a more comparable schedule this season.  He's got out of several games with teams that were on the schedule. 

They just manhandled a Lincoln County team at the GJ Smith classic in London. Def not the same team as last year. Other than Chadwell they all look like a rec center team but they play like a big dog.

7 hours ago, Waterboy70 said:

They just manhandled a Lincoln County team at the GJ Smith classic in London. Def not the same team as last year. Other than Chadwell they all look like a rec center team but they play like a big dog.

I was just stating a fact.  They got out of several games, which put other teams in a bind.  I'm sure they’ll be improved, but this is the worst Lincoln team in a decade. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LethalPG said:

I was just stating a fact.  They got out of several games, which put other teams in a bind.  I'm sure they’ll be improved, but this is the worst Lincoln team in a decade. 

I wasn’t coming at you or anything over the statement of fact lol. I was just saying that they are much improved over what I thought they would be and looked very good over a Lincoln team that several people in the 12th region forum expect to contend for a region title. I didn’t realize they where that bad of a team 

5 hours ago, Waterboy70 said:

I wasn’t coming at you or anything over the statement of fact lol. I was just saying that they are much improved over what I thought they would be and looked very good over a Lincoln team that several people in the 12th region forum expect to contend for a region title. I didn’t realize they where that bad of a team 

No problem.  That is a strong showing for Knox.  I think most of fans in 12th just expect Coach Jackson to get them to contender status, and he may very well do that.