Cincinnati 31 Tulsa 21

Walter

Bearcats improve to 4-1 with a road win over Tulsa.

Have to clean up the penalties. Not being able to get off the field on 3rd down because of dumb penalties allowed Tulsa to hang around. Offense also really struggled on 3rd down.

Positive? Defense was REALLY GOOD with 11 sacks. 

South Florida at home next week then a much needed bye week before back to back road trips to SMU and UCF. 

Screenshot_20221001-232428.png

Screenshot_20221001-232446.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

This is certainly a credit to the Bearcats but I can't help but think they play down to the level of the competition in the AAC and last night was another example of it.

For whatever reason, Tulsa always plays UC tough. One of the few teams in the conference that actually match the Bearcats' physicality. 

Tulsa seems to play up to their competition. Lost at #14 Ole Miss 35-27 last week.... But also lost at Wyoming 40-37 in double OT in week one after going up 34-24 to start the 4th qtr.

• Like 1

Just now, Walter said:

For whatever reason, Tulsa always plays UC tough. One of the few teams in the conference that actually match the Bearcats' physicality. 

Tulsa seems to play up to their competition. Lost at #14 Ole Miss 35-27 last week.... But also lost at Wyoming 40-37 in double OT in week one after going up 34-24 to start the 4th qtr.

I agree on Tulsa and they showed a graphic of that during the game.  A win is a win but I would like to see UC separate themselves a little more from lesser competition. 

• Like 1