Highlands 5 Simon Kenton 3

This is exactly the kind of score I thought we'd see a lot of with the Birds this year, given their incredibly talented attackers and a lot of question marks in the back.  I'm sure someone was there to provide us a well-written and comedic look at this one.  😃

Highlands wins their 5th straight and is now 9-4-2 on the season, and now get a bump up in class as Dixie hosts the Birds on Thursday night for what should be a great game in Erlanger.

Simon Kenton, with one win in their last 7, fall to 6-7-2 on the season.  The Pioneers host CovCath on Friday night (?) in Independence.  Friday Night Lights, anyone?

• Like 1

VARSITY STARTERS ROLL.......backups not so much!

Before I get my game face on for this epic battle tonight, I thought I would write up something regarding this game against SK back on Tue.  I will say this was a comfortable win if you only look at what the normal starters did while on the pitch.  When Ponchak again felt like the game was in hand was when the game got a little sloppy and goals were scored to pad the results to knock look so comfortable.

The highlight of the game was in the 12 min, Jack Haggard from the back line floats a go pattern pass to Pieper over the top where Colin was able to take a nice touch around the Keeper to finish with a Goal... this was the 50th GOAL for Colin Pieper in his career!!!!

Unfortunately, this game was not without some mental mistakes for the Birds.  In the 16th min right after the Birds went up 3-0, Adarsh Khullar drops it back to the Center Back who just took too long to get it off their foot and got his pocket picked by SK attacker who then was able to drop a sweet shot to the opposite corner to get past Wilson who was in goal during the game.

Halftime was Birds up 3-1.....Starters played pretty much the whole 1st Half for the most part.  The subbing was very limited I thought.

5 min into the 2nd half the Birds were able to convert a nice attack with Casey Stiles following a rebounded shot that Gesenhues took and was able to put the ball in back of the net for a 4-1 lead for the Birds.

With 20 min left in the game was when there was a complete line change of the game and it got a little on the sloppy side to allow SK to sneak a few scores in to make the score look a little different than what the first 60 minutes looked like.

Now gotta get my paint on, LET'S GO BIRDS!!!!