Dixie Heights 29 Conner 14

nees1212

When dixie puts two halfs together they can beat anyone. Don't be surprised if they beat cov cath next week at home if they play like they did in the second half for a whole game. Their defense pitched a second half shutout and scored themselves, lb picked up either a fumble or a tipped int and took it to the house. Could not see his number but big props to him. The offense got it rolling in the second half as well. Defense had a de out and had to move some players around but they figured it out. They moved their nt to de and he played absolute lock down containment, Which is what was hurting them in the first half. I would like to see Conners yards in the second half compared to the first half. Rice has to stay at Mike, they tried him at de and the linebackers were not the same. When they moved him back and 68 to de they pitched the shut out.Those two boys are studs on D.  Dixies qb had another giant run this week and scored a long touchdown, he is one of the best running qbs I have seen in high school football. He can cut on a dime and leave defenders jocks on the ground. He had some good throws as well but the wrs had some big drops this week. Hopefully the wr core can clean that up. I think they will. 33 the rb runs hard and is hard to tackle. He had another good game. The offensive line looked good this week and are coming together. Big props to the boys up front! Dixie also blocked a punt and scored, I think it was rice that recovered it and scored. They have a big challenge coming to their house next week and I think they are up for it! Hats off to coach Burke and his staff, they are doing a wonderful job with this team. His team has the mentality that they are never out of any game! This dixie team is tough!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got to this one late, but coach Burke is probably going to eat his hat if his offense doesn't get out of their own way early in games. They ran the ball at will up the middle for the majority of the game. Probably their offensive lines best game so far as a unit. RB Hinkle is emerging as a pretty good back. The interception and fumble bothnled to Connors only scores on a shorter field. Dixies WR Barnett is good, but has a bad case of the drops. Sophomore QB Armani Gregg has three huge runs in each of his games now, that kid is a heck of an athlete. Dixies defense is quite good, despite the injuries and missing pieces. Two blocked punts (one for a TD), a pick 6, and a lot of QB pressure from the D line. One thing Dixie needs to absolutely clean up is stupid penalties on the defensive side if they expect to have a chance this week against Covcath. In the first half Connor was able to move the chains on the ground and their RB and QB combo are really sound in their system. 

• Like 1