Owensboro 42 Caldwell County 0 (Scrimmage)

I don’t have stats but the Caldwell coach very complimentary of O.  This is exactly why Caldwell is a solid small school every year- not afraid to step up and scrimmage a big team.

• theguru changed the title to Owensboro 42 Caldwell County 0 (Scrimmage)

I like Owensboro overall, but this opponent is a swing and a miss for getting them prepared for a state championship run.  We have killed the horse debating the Red Devils schedule.  And I understand why it is the way it is and LOVE X being on their schedule, but just can't see how Caldwell County gets on the scrimmage schedule.  Most other 5A contenders are scrimmaging MUCH tougher teams (FD at X, South vs Central Hardin, BG vs Male, CovCath vs Simon Kenton, Woodford vs Scott).  At this point it is what it is, but if they don't win it all, I for one will look back at this as a missed opportunity to get better.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Brown said:

Yep.  Played Manual and fern creek last week and originally had BG on the schedule so not sure what happened there.

I think what happened is last year O got Covid so BG scrambled to get a new scrimmage opponent in Scott Co.  Well they likely ended up just saying it was a home and home scrimmage deal which was this year.  BG has scrimmaged Male for several years now in the second scrimmage slot so just no place to re-engage it.  But hoping they can work it out for next year, since that home and home with Scott should now be done.

• Thanks 1