Brent Wilcoxon Hired as Fairview head coach.

Press Release
3/8/22 

The Fairview Independent School District would like to welcome Brent Wilcoxon as the Head Football Coach of the Eagles.

The process in selecting a new football coach included the development of an interview committee to include a current senior student athlete, a parent, coach, community member, athletic director, principal, and district representative. The committee identified leadership, knowledge, perspective, and grit as the four areas of focus throughout the interview process. The interview committee unanimously selected Mr. Wilcoxon and recommended him to the superintendent for hire. 

Mr. Wilcoxon, a graduate of Ironton High school, led the Tigers to their first state championship as quarterback and defensive end as a high school student athlete. He subsequently earned his Bachelor's degree from Marietta College and Master's degree from Ohio University, where he also served as Graduate Assistant Football Coach.

Mr. Wilcoxon has six years of head coaching experience — two at South Point High School and four at Fairland High School. Over the years, he has been Offensive Coordinator, QB Coach, Offensive and Defensive Line Coach, Wide Receivers Coach, Special Teams Coach, and coached several years of basketball, in addition to two years of arena football.

Coach Wilcoxon is no stranger to success. In addition to the state title at Ironton, he garnered two more state championship rings while coaching at Richmond High School in North Carolina. Over the years as offensive coordinator, his teams have consistently been among the best in the area and have ranked highly in the state as well. His 2013 Fairland Offense led the state in scoring at 45.1 points per game. He also had two successful seasons as Offensive Coordinator under Fred Ray at Fairview.

Mr. Wilcoxon is excited to take the reins and step in as a Head Coach. Mr. Wilcoxon stated, "My two sons are grown now. They no longer are participating in activities that need my attention. I'm ready to follow my passion of being a head coach. There is no better program, community and school district to build a solid football program than Fairview." Brent and his wife Tina, live in Proctorville, Ohio. They have two sons — Trent, 25 and Ty, 21.

There will be a meet and greet at the Fairview High School cafeteria on Thursday, March 10, at 6:30 PM to introduce Mr. Wilcoxon. Light refreshments will be served. We invite all of #TeamFairview to come out and meet your new coach. #FutureFocused

• Thanks 1