Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 76 Byrnes, SC 64

Featured Replies

Josh Crawford scored 38 to lead the Hounds to victory in the 4th place game in the CFIT.

Crawford could do some damage if he would turn loose and play full tilt the whole game. Impressive numbers for this youngster.

Crawford is a nice player....

I was in Nashville and unable to attend the CFIT but 38 points!! WOW! Was he scoring in typical Crawford fashion by getting to the hole and line or was he hitting the long ball?

Maybe the best Soph. in State

  • Author
I was in Nashville and unable to attend the CFIT but 38 points!! WOW! Was he scoring in typical Crawford fashion by getting to the hole and line or was he hitting the long ball?

 

Mostly on drives to the basket. I thought that I heard his stats as 14-22 from the field and 10-14 on FT's.

Would someone please explain to me what the sitution is with the Hamlin kid & Corbin? He was suppossed to be their "Star Player" from what we were told. Wasn't that the reason that he left Williamsburg, so that he could have a better basketball future? Are the younger players over shadowing the older ones? I don't see Hamlin's name mentioned very often on this site or in the papers anymore. I thought that he was a great player. Any thoughts?

Would someone please explain to me what the sitution is with the Hamlin kid & Corbin? He was suppossed to be their "Star Player" from what we were told. Wasn't that the reason that he left Williamsburg, so that he could have a better basketball future? Are the younger players over shadowing the older ones? I don't see Hamlin's name mentioned very often on this site or in the papers anymore. I thought that he was a great player. Any thoughts?

 

Josh Hamlin is a great kid and fine basketball player but there were never any expectations of him being a star player. He seems to do what is asked of him and to the best of his abilities. I think he is living up to the local expectations put on him. Those are to play sound lock down defense, hit some threes, get to the free throw line, and get some assist. He is more of a leader than star player but I'm sure glad he is on our side.

I agree with you 100%, Hound82, Josh Hamlin seems to be a fine kid and ball player. I was only wondering why he doesn't seem to be getting his share of the credit for Corbin's success. All eyes seem to be on the younger kids.

Josh Hamlin is more concerned with winning than personal glory. He and his parents made a wise decision to leave Williamsburg, in my opinion, when he was in the 8th grade. Since then he has played in the state basketball and baseball state tournament. I would dare say he would not have had the same experience had he chosen to stay at Wburg. I think the fans of Wburg should get over his Exodus and concentrate on those players still there. Josh has done well and I can not say the same for some of the Jacket programs especially the basketball program under its former coaching staff. How much of a difference who he have made anyway? I think Josh would be the first to admit the younger players have some talent. He seems to add the intangibles to the Hounds. Leadership, Experience, and a big heart. I think Hamlin is just fine and happy in his role.

I think that you have misunderstood my question regarding Hamlin's role at Corbin. I think that he is a fine ballplayer and have no doubts about his abilities. I only wondered why those abilities and his contributions to the team were not mentioned as much as the younger players on the Corbin team. I was not in the loop when Hamlin made his "Exodus" to Corbin from Williamsburg. From what I have heard from the Williamsburg folks his leaving has not been the issue. Nor did they have issues with Hamlin's parents making a decision that they felt would be best for their son in the long run. More than one child has enrolled in another school while living in another district. That happens often in Williamsburg, Whitley Co., South Laurel, Lynn Camp, and Corbin. The issue lies in the fact that his parents have openly trash talked Williamsburg school, their players, and coaches. Some of Williamsburg's former coaching staff have left a lot to be desired, especially in basketball, but Williamsburg should also be commended for trying to rectify those situations when they have occured. As a whole, Williamsburg has excellent coaches. Josh received his early years of training under Williamsburg coaches and they played a role in making him the excellent player, in baseball and basketball, that he is today. They deserved better than to be down graded when they were no longer needed. I think that Williamsburg's problems lie with the parents' attitude not the childs. Josh has always been referred to in my presence as a pleasant, good natured, likeable person with respectable athletic talent. I think that he would have been an asset to whatever team he choose to play with.

  • Author
I think that you have misunderstood my question regarding Hamlin's role at Corbin. I think that he is a fine ballplayer and have no doubts about his abilities. I only wondered why those abilities and his contributions to the team were not mentioned as much as the younger players on the Corbin team. I was not in the loop when Hamlin made his "Exodus" to Corbin from Williamsburg. From what I have heard from the Williamsburg folks his leaving has not been the issue. Nor did they have issues with Hamlin's parents making a decision that they felt would be best for their son in the long run. More than one child has enrolled in another school while living in another district. That happens often in Williamsburg, Whitley Co., South Laurel, Lynn Camp, and Corbin. The issue lies in the fact that his parents have openly trash talked Williamsburg school, their players, and coaches. Some of Williamsburg's former coaching staff have left a lot to be desired, especially in basketball, but Williamsburg should also be commended for trying to rectify those situations when they have occured. As a whole, Williamsburg has excellent coaches. Josh received his early years of training under Williamsburg coaches and they played a role in making him the excellent player, in baseball and basketball, that he is today. They deserved better than to be down graded when they were no longer needed. I think that Williamsburg's problems lie with the parents' attitude not the childs. Josh has always been referred to in my presence as a pleasant, good natured, likeable person with respectable athletic talent. I think that he would have been an asset to whatever team he choose to play with.

 

I have not heard them say anything negative about any current Williamsburg coach, but that is not to say that it has not happened. I'm pretty sure that they are friends with the current W'burg baseball coach and would not have anything bad to say about him and I have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about Coach Robinson, unless saying that he is inexperienced and will need time to develop the program is negative.

I have not heard them say anything negative about any current Williamsburg coach, but that is not to say that it has not happened. I'm pretty sure that they are friends with the current W'burg baseball coach and would not have anything bad to say about him and I have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about Coach Robinson, unless saying that he is inexperienced and will need time to develop the program is negative.

I would have to agree with 4chs, I have not heard the parents bad mouth any current coaches at Williamsburg...Josh has played well and made Corbin better during his time at Corbin...IMO his role at Corbin is under appreciated by some fans...

  • Author
I would have to agree with 4chs, I have not heard the parents bad mouth any current coaches at Williamsburg...Josh has played well and made Corbin better during his time at Corbin...IMO his role at Corbin is under appreciated by most fans...

 

You must have role players on good teams and Josh knows his role this year and is filling it very well. He is a team first kind of player whose value may not always be evident when looking at the boxscore, but I remember the 1 assist that Corbin collected as a team against Shelby Valley when he was too ill to play and that tells me that his unselfishness rubs off on his teammates when he is in the game.

Saying that Coach Robinson is young & inexperienced (as a coach, not as an excellent ball player) and will need time to develop his team is not negative. It is true. He has taken on a tough role and has risen to the occasion in my opinion. He has so far set a good example for the young Williamsburg team as far as playing the hand that you have been dealt and the team seems to be taking on some of his personality. As far as the baseball coach is concerned I think that he devoted alot of his time personally, both on and off the field, to the child when he was younger. The parents openly compare Williamsburg's baseball program and how much more Corbin has to offer and these comments are not always in a nice way such as Corbin's nice field house or nice baseball stadium. We would all agree that Corbin and schools such as South Laurel and Whitley have more money and deeper pockets to pick than Williamsburg. Williamsburg and Corbin are small towns and these comments have often made their way back. It would be hard not to take these personally if you were the head baseball coach in Williamsburg. I think that parents have the right to make decisions based on what they feel is best for their children as the Hamlins did in this instance but I think that the comments made by them has brought about the tense atmosphere with many Williamsburg folks. There are such things as loyalty. I have said enough on this subject. I just wanted to make it clear that I think that Josh is an excellent player and was not questioning his abilities.

I have not heard them say anything negative about any current Williamsburg coach, but that is not to say that it has not happened. I'm pretty sure that they are friends with the current W'burg baseball coach and would not have anything bad to say about him and I have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about Coach Robinson, unless saying that he is inexperienced and will need time to develop the program is negative.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.