9th Region Girls "All A" Tournament

This week sees the entire 9th Region "All A" take place, and the bracket is set-up for some great games along the way.  If I was seeding it, the top 2 seeds (Holy Cross and NewCath) are on the same side, but the 3rd and 4th seeds play in the first round on the other half, so we should have a really competitive game in each round of the tourney, culminating in the Championship Game.  Games are being hosted at Ludlow High School.

*  Monday the 3rd:  Bellevue vs Villa Madonna at 7:00.  Winner plays Beechwood tomorrow night.

*  Tuesday the 4th:  St. Henry vs Ludlow at 5:30.  Bellevue / Villa Winner vs Beechwood at 7:30.

*  Wednesday the 5th:  Dayton vs NewCath at 5:30.  Newport vs Holy Cross at 7:30.  

*  Friday the 7th:  St Henry / Ludlow Winner vs Bellevue / Beechwood Winner at 5:30.  NewCath vs Holy Cross (most likely scenario) at 7:30.  That 2nd game will be one of the best games of the week in NKY -- a great Friday night of girls' basketball around NKY.

*  Saturday the 8th:  The winners of the two Semi-Finals games meet in the 9th Region All A Finals at 7:00.

The winning team of the Tourney will receive two all tournament team selections, plus the MVP.  The runner-up will receive two all tournament team selections.  All teams not advancing to the Finals will receive one all tournament team selection.  

I'm sure Ludlow, Dan Sullivan (AD) and Aaron Stamm (Girls' Basketball Head Coach) will do a great job hosting this week's tourney.

Good luck to all of the teams participating, and may the winner represent the 9th at the All A State Tournament with great success.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

This week sees the entire 9th Region "All A" take place, and the bracket is set-up for some great games along the way.  If I was seeding it, the top 2 seeds (Holy Cross and NewCath) are on the same side, but the 3rd and 4th seeds play in the first round on the other half, so we should have a really competitive game in each round of the tourney, culminating in the Championship Game.  Games are being hosted at Ludlow High School.

*  Monday the 3rd:  Bellevue vs Villa Madonna at 7:00.  Winner plays Beechwood tomorrow night.

*  Tuesday the 4th:  St. Henry vs Ludlow at 5:30.  Bellevue / Villa Winner vs Beechwood at 7:30.

*  Wednesday the 5th:  Dayton vs NewCath at 5:30.  Newport vs Holy Cross at 7:30.  

*  Friday the 7th:  St Henry / Ludlow Winner vs Bellevue / Beechwood Winner at 5:30.  NewCath vs Holy Cross (most likely scenario) at 7:30.  That 2nd game will be one of the best games of the week in NKY -- a great Friday night of girls' basketball around NKY.

*  Saturday the 8th:  The winners of the two Semi-Finals games meet in the 9th Region All A Finals at 7:00.

The winning team of the Tourney will receive two all tournament team selections, plus the MVP.  The runner-up will receive two all tournament team selections.  All teams not advancing to the Finals will receive one all tournament team selection.  

I'm sure Ludlow, Dan Sullivan (AD) and Aaron Stamm (Girls' Basketball Head Coach) will do a great job hosting this week's tourney.

Good luck to all of the teams participating, and may the winner represent the 9th at the All A State Tournament with great success.

Seems to me that Holy Cross is a shoo-in for the championship...

• Like 1

Bellevue advances by way of COVID forfeit over Villa, and they'll play Beechwood this evening at Ludlow.  

That one will follow the game of the night, St. Henry and the hosts from Ludlow -- should be a good quarter-final match-up.