Tiger Direct Refurbished Laptops

Bert

Does anyone on here have much experience with refurbished laptops purchased from Tiger Direct?

I am looking for a laptop for work (small charity).  The IT guy on our board recommended the laptop have atleast 16 gig of memory, a 4 CPU (pretty sure that means quad core) and at atleast a half terabyte of SSD.  I'm one of those weirdos who likes keyboards to have that eraser thing in the middle of the keyboard so I don't have to mess with a mouse so I am looking at a Thinkpad.

I see two on Tiger Direct that meet those minimums that are both refurbished.  Should I feel safe buying one or am I taking a risk buying a refurb from Tiger Direct?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I've bought from Tiger before but it's been a long time. I've never had any issues with anything that I bought from Tiger. Looking at reviews, it seems most are satisfied with their purchases. With any refurbished product, warranty is key. The question to ask is, are you saving a fair amount by buying refurbished? Many times, when I've looked at refurbished stuff, the savings was not all that significant for higher end products.