Notre Dame 86 Newport Central Catholic 32

CVG

Notre Dame just dominated NewCath.  By the end of 1Q NCC had visibly given up.  49pts at half.  By 3Q it was running clock.  

ND did whatever they wanted.  ND looked good in all areas of the game.  Their press was aggressive.  Half court defense was frustrating.  They pushed the ball offensively and their offensive weapons were firing.  ND controlled rebounds defensively and offensively.  ND bench looked really strong as well.  Scoring came from all over notably Bradshaw, Hubert, Disken plus more.  Maci Feldman was a noticeable leader on offense and was a pest on defense.  The only negative for ND was early fouling in 1Q.  Not much to say from the NCC side. Not a good showing at home.  

I expected ND to win but didn't see this level of domination.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Notre Dame 86 Newport Central Catholic 32

I was really interested to see how NewCath would play after Rylee's 50 point outburst on opening night, to see if they'd have a wave of momentum that would keep this close.  Nope.  You aren't going to beat a Kes-coached team with one dominant player, he will make that hard, you need to have multiple places to score from...and the Breds don't.  Pandas are going to be a problem all year, and part of that three-headed monster at the top of NKY.  

If McKnight and Hubert are consistent from beyond the arc, they are going to be nearly impossible to defend on a nightly basis.

In the game against Beechwood, NDA hit 12 threes.  I think at one point McKnight and Hubert hit a combined 8 of their first 10 attempts.  I agree, and think you make a simple but important point.  With their Sr leadership and makeup of this team, if McKnight and Hubert are hitting 3's, NDA is going to tough to beat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1