Cincinnati 73 Georgia 68

Walter

Wes Miller and his Bearcats are now 2-0. UC built a 16 point lead but Georgia got hot from outside to makes things interesting the final 4 mins.

This team looks much different compared to the past two years.  Much better defensively. Way more intensity and effort at both ends. No alpha but a lot of really solid pieces to build on. 10 guys played at least 11 minutes and nobody played more than 29 minutes.

I have no clue how this season is going to play out but I've really liked what I've seen so far under this new staff. 

Screenshot_20211113-211603.png

Looking at that box score you have to wonder how UC won. Shot 40% from the floor and only 20% on 3's. Ouch. I don't see turnovers in that box score but I have to believe they forced a lot of turnovers by Georgia to help offset that poor shooting. Winning the rebounding and 15 offensive boards is a big help also.

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Looking at that box score you have to wonder how UC won. Shot 40% from the floor and only 20% on 3's. Ouch. I don't see turnovers in that box score but I have to believe they forced a lot of turnovers by Georgia to help offset that poor shooting. Winning the rebounding and 15 offensive boards is a big help also.

Georgia 13 TO's 

Cincinnati 7 TO's

UC defense was the difference last night. They flat out got after it at that end of the floor. Everything was contested around the rim.

• Thanks 1