Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Buddy Ball"

Featured Replies

Now that we've all seen how James "Buddy" Biggs likes for his teams to play, what is everyone's thoughts on his coaching style and team play?

I like his style, but wish he would go deeper on his bench.

I like the style of play Coach Biggs runs. Its a great system if you have the athletes to do it. At times, Ashland's boys seem up to it, at times they dont. The run and gun offense is tough, it doesnt matter how many shots you can take in a game if you dont make a decent precentage of them.A Coach's style in the end really means nothing, it all comes down to how well the team executes the coachs game plan. When Ashland shoots well, he looks like a great coach, when they play bad he looks like a bum. Thats the case with every coach and their style of play however.

I like his system from what I have seen so far. The run and gun offense works best at the high school level in my opinion, better than in colledge.. Usually due to unexperienced defenses. The style of play is also more entertaining to watch, which will in turn generate more interest in the program, possibly getting more kids out to play. I haven't had a chance to catch many games so I can't comment much more, but overall I think he is a good fit for Ashland.

Now that we've all seen how James "Buddy" Biggs likes for his teams to play, what is everyone's thoughts on his coaching style and team play?

I think coach Biggs is going to make Ashland a great coach works his tail off during games, I have seen Ashland play 3 times this year 2 loses and 1 win and I dont see anything that would suggest that his style is any more uptempo than most other teams. Unless its just happened to be the games I have saw. I have noticed teams equal to or slightly better than them are lower scoring games, I just dont see this run and gun everybody is talking about.

I like his style, but wish he would go deeper on his bench.

He plays 7 to 8 players a game. I dont think you can ask for much deeper than that, especially in the numerous close games that the Tomcats have been in this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.