NKY Top 10, Sep 27th edition

Congrats to Ashtyn.  She's a talented kid, and i imagine going to threaten all time scoring record at Dixie.

NDA will play Holmes next.  I don't see anything positive that can come from this.  I'm not aware of any records that are in range, and I do not like that stat padding is the focal point going into a game like this.  I know an argument can be made that coaches and players have to take advantage of games like this to keep up with gaudy stats built up in other regions for purpose of "all-state" consideration.  It will be interesting to see how NDA coaching staff approaches this one.

We have a pretty light schedule tonight but all 3 games could be close!

#2 Highlands hosts #10 Bishop Brossart

• Last chance Birds before post season to put a complete game together, thought these 3 games this week would really get things rolling in the right direction but it hasn’t.  2nd half of St Henry looked good and the first 10 min last night looked good BUT we need 80 min to look great to have the confidence needed to make some noise in the next 2 weeks.  We sleep on Brossart this might end up being like last night.

#7 Cooper at St. Henry

• Cooper has fallen on tough times lately plus having 2 cancellations didn’t help matters.  St. Henry is tough, they looked solid on Monday against Highlands.  

#8 Simon Kenton visits Summit Country Day

• Can Simon Kenton ride the wave of confidence they got from last night into Ohio to put a good game together against Summit?

Good luck tonight!  Another great evening of weather, soak it up…..

As predicted we had 3 very close scores last night.  Here are the scores and highlights:

#2 Highlands beats #10 Bishop Brossart, 3-2

• FINALLY, the Birds looked like they were playing as a team yesterday.  What a difference a day makes.  I would say it was a good 80 minutes of team soccer not a great one but after the prior 2 games I’ll take good.  Was definitely a game to build on for next week.  The score ended up being close but on the field this was a lopsided Highlands possession game.  The 2 goals for Bishop Brossart came in the 2nd half, the first one was a result of a cheap foul on the top of the 18 box for a PK and the 2nd goal came super late probably 5 min left in the game, Bishop Brossart backline defender dropped a dime to a Brossart runner on a fly pattern over the top that made for a 1v1 versus Parks the GK and snuck it past her for the 2nd goal.  HIghlands played a decent amount of subs to keep the starters from playing back to back nights with hefty minutes.  I am glad this was the last of the 3 games of the week for the Birds.  I see potential…..so you are saying we have a chance?

#7 Cooper escapes a close one against St. Henry, 2-1

#8 Simon Kenton travels to Ohio and makes it a game against Summit Country Day and comes away with the 1-1 draw.

A lot of games that were on schedule for this weekend have since been cancelled.  The only game still currently on is:

#8 Simon Kenton hosting West Jessamine on Saturday.

lHave a fun weekend, rest up, get healthy and be ready for the Post Season run!!!!!