Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Starting Rotation

Featured Replies

I saw on MLB that the Reds will have a "True" 6-man rotation this season. I have a few questions...

1. Who figures to occupy those 6 slots to start the season?

2. Will the 5th and 6th guys get skipped if there days off or rainouts, to keep the top of the rotation on a consistent routine?

3. Since guys will presumably get more rest between starts, will Bell leave them in the game past the 6th inning if they are pitching well?

4. Does the extra starter cost them a bullpen arm or a bench bat?

42 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I saw on MLB that the Reds will have a "True" 6-man rotation this season. I have a few questions...

1. Who figures to occupy those 6 slots to start the season?

2. Will the 5th and 6th guys get skipped if there days off or rainouts, to keep the top of the rotation on a consistent routine?

3. Since guys will presumably get more rest between starts, will Bell leave them in the game past the 6th inning if they are pitching well?

4. Does the extra starter cost them a bullpen arm or a bench bat?

1. Initial guess would be Gray, Castillo, Mahle, Miley and then maybe Lorenzen and Antone.

2. Miley would be the guy I'd worry about making every start, so I'd push him to the 5th or 6th spot to save him for the full season.  And Antone might be one that could go from starter back to pen back to starter the easiest (I think he actually did that last year a time or two).

3.  What's the analytics say?

4.  See comment about Antone from #2.  As to the bat, I'd expect Lorenzen would/could see some more AB's in his off days.

Just my initial thoughts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.