Powell vs. Estill : Predictions

Powell seems to be getting their act together. If coach Lively continues to use his bench and keep fresh bodies on the court Powell will be a tough team to beat. Roman's presence on the inside will hurt Estill with the loss of big man, Clinton Dixon. If someone from Estill can stepup and attempt to shutdown Romans they'll have a chance of winning. If Romans is not stopped inside, and Powells outside shooting and break offense is clicking, i'll have to take Powell by 15+. 71-56

Powell seems to be getting their act together. If coach Lively continues to use his bench and keep fresh bodies on the court Powell will be a tough team to beat. Roman's presence on the inside will hurt Estill with the loss of big man, Clinton Dixon. If someone from Estill can stepup and attempt to shutdown Romans they'll have a chance of winning. If Romans is not stopped inside, and Powells outside shooting and break offense is clicking, i'll have to take Powell by 15+. 71-56

Agreed -Dixon's rebounding and post defense has been missed. But, on offense Dixon played on the wing most nights. It has been more than a few years since Estill has had a "true" post. They have some good young players that will try and fill that void in years to come.

Watching Powell play OBI lastnight showed me two things. They play pretty good man-to-man defense, and their press offense and defense against a lightning fast OBI team was terrific. Once again, I'll say it, if Powell keeps passing the ball as well as they have been, subbing at right times , and hitting Romans in the middle, Estill will have a tough time beating Powell. Powell 10+