Notre Dame 52 South Florida 0

swamprat

Well that was a beat down of major proportions. And here I was making a vailed reference to UofL's kicking game last week. On top of the inability to pass or run the ball or stop the run, me thinks Jeff Scott needs to find himself a long snapper who does not snap quite that long. 🙂

The only thing I found fault with ND was Kyren William's propensity to fumble the ball. He did it twice. Luckily for the Irish an offensive lineman fell on it both times. Ian Book still does not throw the ball downfield well, consistently. 

3 minutes ago, swamprat said:

Well that was a beat down of major proportions. And here I was making a vailed reference to UofL's kicking game last week. On top of the inability to pass or run the ball or stop the run, me thinks Jeff Scott needs to find himself a long snapper who does not snap quite that long. 🙂

The only thing I found fault with ND was Kyren William's propensity to fumble the ball. He did it twice. Luckily for the Irish an offensive lineman fell on it both times. Ian Book still does not throw the ball downfield well, consistently. 

I'm pretty sure that the second fumble was by C'Bo Flemister.  However, as an Irish fan I rather enjoyed the Bulls use of the extra long snapper.  Notre Dame really didn't need any breaks but they all went their way this game.  

I watched Jeff Scott's post game presser this morning. It turns out that all three of their long snappers were unavailable for the game. They were using a backup center, that had never snapped long. I wondered why Trent Schneider, who usually booms punts, was coming up short a lot, though he did kick a 65 yarder the punt before the first extra long snap. After the first extra long snap, where Schneider took a pretty good shot, Scott decided he'd need his punter for conference play and pulled him in favor of a backup, before Schneider got killed.